Sunday 2 November 2008

Stranger and stranger...

We arrived at Nuneaton for the Under 13 match without being cancelled. I've only been once before and could remember standing water but on arrival was pleasantly surprised by the state of the pitches. On spiking the umbrellas into the ground I discovered why - lots of gravel. I wish I could say the same about Nottingham.

On one of those days when everything went right (well, nearly everything, but I'm not here to discuss the weak points of our game) our pack roamed the field like a pride of lions and the backs produced an exhibition of free-flowing rugby. The result doesn't actually matter, it was just so good to see the kids enjoying themselves and producing great rugby. As we left the changing rooms the opposition scrum half told our kids that they were going to slaughter us. Where do scrum halves get their genes from?



Sorry about the poor quality of the picture - the way things are these days I daren't put up a picture that actually shows anything.

Fifty minutes later, he must have wished he'd kept quiet. It was 29-0 if you are statistically inclined. The kids seem to be getting the hang of this.

Meanwhile the Under 16s waited patiently for their opposition (Nuneaton U16s) to turn up. On ringing to see if they were lost they found out that someone from our end seems to have cancelled the fixture. Suspicion is focused firmly on the Mini Section who were hosting a tournament at The Bay this morning and were worried about space. If this was CSI I'd be after getting a subpoena and a phone dump but as it's not, I'll have to be content with posting my suspicions in cyberspace.

No comments: