Saturday 22 November 2008

Playing Rugby in Rugby

OK, not quite Rugby, but a club just outside. It's still amusing to someone like me with the sense of humour of a five year old. Depending on if the match goes ahead (poor weather is forecast) I might make a small detour on the way back and take a picture of the William Webb Ellis statue outside the school.

There's a statue of Rupert Brooke somewhere, though I didn't see it when we went. In any event, I don't suppose Brooke played much rugby. More of a cricket player, I always think.

Not sure if I mentioned this before in the blog or just thought of mentioning it, but if you are ever out that way it's worth having a look at the Gilbert Museum too, just across the road from the statue. It's a small museum but it's interesting and (last time I went) it's free.

I have a short-sleeved Nottingham shirt in the back of the car. I wonder if you could get it on a statue before the police arrived...

No comments: