Wednesday 29 October 2008

The state of shirts to come?

I was just notified about a new posting from somebody talking about the new Stade Francais shirts - apparantly they quite like the Warhol rip-off shirts for this season. I don't. And just as I thought things couldn't get any worse I found this link to Ralph Lauren. Here you start with a reasonably tasteful shirt and turn it tasteless by "designing" some extra features for yourself.

The ordinary junior shirts at Nottingham are a riot of sponsors these days, and this blog is all about trying to find more sponsorship for the Under 16s (just in case you'd missed that bit) so I might be getting close to hypocrisy here but whatever happened to the days of cotton shirts with proper collars and traditional colours?

In a world of tight fit shirts plastered with logos and produced in colours rarely seen in nature am I the only one to deplore the new fashion? Or am I completely out of touch?

No comments: