Thursday 16 October 2008

Eight months and counting...

Every rugby club has an ideas man. On his own he isn't that dangerous. But when he has a yes man with him going "Yes, that's a good idea, let's do it." things can get tricky.

So when The Leader said "Why don't we take the Under 15s abroad on tour next year?" we all looked at our feet and whistled, knowing nothing would happen if we all stayed quiet and avoided eye contact.

I still don't know why I said it. Years of experience told me to stay quiet but I heard a voice, my voice, saying "Yes, that's a good idea."

Obviously, eight months later, we are starting to run out of steam a little bit - you can only do so much bag packing, car booting, raffling and odd jobbing before you wish you had decided to tour Wales.

And that is why I am sitting here wrestling with technology, writing what is basically a begging letter. Somewhere floating around on the right is a PayPal Donation button. If you have a few spare pounds we would love to find a home for them. If you don't, that's fine but perhaps you could press some of the links that should be appearing on the blog soon and earn us a few pennies that way.

Over the next eight months we will be doing a lot more fund-raising (we aren't relying on my skill at web-based begging I promise you) so if nothing else, we should have a laugh.

With any luck I will also manage to put the Donation button somewhere that looks a little more professional...











No comments: