Thursday 5 February 2009

The best laid plans...etc

Last night we made the ground available for parking as Nottingham Forest staged an FA Cup replay against Derby. As a local derby it was a nice little earner. Not only that but as Forest scored in the 1st and 14th minutes we started rubbing our hands at the thought of another profitable match with Forest entertaining Manchester United at home.

Then Derby scored three times. When's the last time that happened? And why did they have to do it when we could have done with the money?

Meawhile, on the way home I remarked on the fact that the snow had nearly gone and that we should soon be back to normal, including training and playing on our currently water-logged pitches.

As I write, the garden is covered again, both kids are in the park (school cancelled) and all matches are off at the weekend.

Fortunately I do not have to make a living by being clairvoyant. Bearing in mind my track record perhaps it's worth mentioning that I have great confidence in Wales and their prospects in the coming Six Nations.

Fingers crossed I'm about to make it three out of three...

No comments: